Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Know Your Risks!

I did a post on "Women Know Your Hearts" on last week. This week I will be dealing with the risks of Heart Disease. While family history, race, and age can increase your risk of heart disease, so can lifestyle choices or other physical conditions including:

*High Blood Pressure (hypertension)
*High LDL, or "bad" cholesterol, high triglycerides, and/or low HDL or "good" cholesterol
*Diabetes
*Tobacco smoke
*Being physically inactive
*Being overweight or obese

If you would like to obtain more information on the "Risks of Heart Disease", please visit www.womenheart.org or contact your family physician.

I just lost my Grandmother (my Stepdad's Mother) early this morning from a fatal heart attack. So I know that it is important for all women alike to know their heart. Is your chest pains acid reflux or a heart attack? Please take a few minutes of your time and visit WomenHeart.org.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry about your Grandmother. Thanks for the info.

    Welcome to SITS!

    ReplyDelete